Pages

Friday 30 March 2012

A day in the life of the 12wbt.... part one

I thought you might like to know what a day looks like on the 12wbt.  Just how austere is it??  What horrible rabbit food are we subjected to?   What torturous exercise do we have to submit to? 

Obviously to lose weight and get fit, there is going to be some exercise involved, along with some curbing of disastrous eating habits which have contributed to the need to lose weight and get fit in the first place. 

But I would be lying if I told you I was thrilled when I first began eating according to this plan and I saw the portion sizes!  I honestly thought someone was pulling my leg.  How could I eat that tiny portion and possibly feel satisfied?  How could I not be hungry the whole time? 

Well, I don't know the answer, but I do and I'm not.  Clearly I was eating a lot more than my body needed (der, Fred).

So first up in our 'day in the life' post is brekky.  This is one of my favourite 12wbt breakfasts - home made banana bread. A great, steaming hot slab of it straight out of the microwave (why does that not sound as homey and delicious as 'out of the oven'?)

I like to save this banana bread brekky for the days I don't have to work. I get the kids organised and off to school - then make a nice hot cuppa and sit down with my banana bread and the paper and have a peaceful, leisurely, healthy breakfast.





So far, so good.

Exercise is the other main part of the 12wbt - six sessions a week.  I have a gym membership which I really enjoy, but if the weather is great, I also love to be outside.  Here is my little outside training buddy....(they won't let him into the gym).  He is always bang up for any frenzied activity of any sort.  You can tell by looking can't you?  He has that mad glint in his beady little eye.

There are lots of hills where I live and the beach and the lake, so lots of lovely places to walk and lots of hills to burn calories and lungs on.

Back home, I like to do a bit of an exercise dvd to work some other parts of the body.  I'm really trying to improve my push ups, plank and wall sit, so I have to keep at it.  The workouts in this set of dvds really work for me.

Bridges,  Michelle - Michelle Bridges Crunchtime (3 Disc Collection) Australia's favourite trainer Michelle Bridges delivers a complete, 3 disc fitness program that helps you lose weight fast and keep it off. The workouts can be structured to suit all levels of fitness and there is plenty of variety to keep you interested and active.


Snacks are also important on the 12wbt - nutritious, filling snacks that keep you going.  This is one of my favourites at the moment - a beautiful, juicy pear.  But I also love to have a Vaalia Lemon Creme yoghurt. (I'm not a fan of no fat dairy products.  Hate the texture and I don't like the sweeteners that are in the yoghurts....  shudder!) 



So there's a bit of what I get up to eating and exercise wise on the 12wbt.  And so far it's working out pretty well for me! 

{Next post - lentils, chicken and clothes that are getting bigger.}


3 comments:

  1. I love the way you write...you seriously make me Laugh Out Loud (LOL for the young kids) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks LJ - you are always so encouraging and supportive. I do hope you will be at the finale so we can actually meet!!

      Delete
  2. Excellent post. I will be dealing with some of these issues as
    well..

    Feel free to visit my homepage http://nitrofocusno3reviews.com

    ReplyDelete